Like most hospitals in Ontario, CMH continues to see increased demand for care, along with more acute and complex conditions associated with an ageing population. The need for new and replacement equipment is greater than ever. The hospital has a lengthy list of high priority equipment, all of which have a direct impact every day on the patient care our staff is able to provide.
Current Patient Needs (Partial List)
- X-Ray Machine (DI) - $500,000
- Stretcher (Emergency ) - $6,000
- Bariatric Bed (In-Patient Unit) - $20,000
- Defibrillators (In-Patient Unit/Emergency) - $25,000
- Slit Lamp (Emergency) - $10,000
- Hematology Analyzer (Laboratory) - $80,000
- Colonoscope ( Surgical ) - $35,000
- Sterilizer (Surgical) - $200,000
- Automated Unit Dose Packager (Pharmacy) - $30,000
- Annual Information Technology Upgrades (IT) - $100,000
- Clinical Information System Annual Support (IT) - $500,000/Year for 5 Years
To learn more about how you can support the purchase of this high-priority equipment, read about the Bedside Care Campaign.