Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the CMH Foundation?
The Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation is the fundraising arm of the Campbellford Memorial Hospital. It is a non-profit, registered charity, with a separate volunteer Board of Directors, established to work with the Hospital and provides funds to help purchase new medical equipment and program needs.
- Where is the CMH Foundation located in the Hospital and its hours of operation?
The CMH Foundation is located at 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON. Our office is on the Main Floor, East Wing of the hospital. The hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Does the Campbellford Memorial Hospital (CMH) Foundation decide which areas will receive funding?
No, the Foundation does not make this decision. Each year, the Foundation receives a list of priority medical equipment needs from the Hospital Administration Group following the Capital Planning Process. Physicians, nurse managers, departmental managers and key stakeholders determine the needs of their departments for the next five years and make recommendations to the CMH Administration Group. The CMH Finance Office develops a five year equipment list. This list is then reviewed with the CMH Board of Directors and a decision is made on the priority equipment requirements for this fiscal year. With donor support, the Foundation raises funds for the purchase of this capital equipment.
- Why does the CMH Foundation continue to fundraise each year?
The government only provides the basics in healthcare and purchasing the full cost of new medical equipment is the responsibility of the Hospital.
It is best if our physicians, specialists, technicians and nurses have access to the most state-of-the-art equipment when they need it. But the fact is, medical equipment and technology is constantly changing and improving. Not only does the government mandate that our hospital keep up to date with these innovations, technological advances require this as well.
- How can I donate to the CMH Foundation?
You may make a donation to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation through one of the following methods:
- Secure Online Donation
- Mail your donation to the CMH Foundation office at: 146 Oliver Rd, Campbellford, ON. Fax: 705-653-3430
- Phone in your donation to 705-653-1140 Ext. 2107
- Interac E-Transfer to: email@example.com
- Who do I contact if I want to run an event on behalf of the CMH Foundation?
If you wish to run an event on behalf of the Campbellford Memorial Hospital, please contact Catherine Holt, Senior Development Officer at 705-653-1140 Ext. 2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org . All event planners must review our Third Party Event Guide and Contract.
- Will I still receive a tax receipt if I make a donation monthly?
Yes, if you have joined our Monthly Giving Program, you will receive a tax receipt at the end of the year.
- Can I donate securities (such as stock or mutual funds) rather than cash?
Yes, the Federal Government’s 2006 budget has eliminated the capital gains tax you would normally pay on the profits of selling publicly listed securities, provided you donate these securities directly to a registered Canadian public charity such as the CMH Foundation.
You will still receive a charitable tax receipt for the full market value of the donated shares or securities. (Prior to this new development, donors paid a portion of the capital gains tax when they made a charitable gift that had appreciated in value – this is no longer the case).
Please note: The CMH Foundation would not presume to offer financial advice. We recommend that you seek professional legal, estate planning or financial advice to assist you to establish a planned gift that will meet your philanthropic interests and achieve the greatest tax benefit to you.
- I want to have my name taken off the CMH contact list, how do I do that?
Please contact our office at 705-653-1140 Ext. 2107 or email@example.com